Parent & High School Student Volunteer Opportunities
SPFSC is a parent run organization and its success hinges on the involvement of our volunteers. The program is only as strong as all of the volunteers involved. We are seeking volunteers in all roles and there are opportunities for everyone. No matter what your skill level is, or what your commitment ability is, we can find a role for you. We appreciate all of the parents who give their time to support the players and we hope you will consider joining our volunteer team. Sign up here to get involved.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities Include:
• Coach (help facilitate the game while the technical, soccer training is handled by our professional training staff)
• Head Coach
• Assistant Coach
• Parent Manager
• Field Scheduler
Field Lining Manager
• Responsible for overseeing the crew of Field Liners and oversee the maintenance of grass fields on a weekly basis during the season.
• Maintain inventory of field lining equipment and requests.
• Work with the VP of Operations on field issues.
• Line fields with support and direction from the Field Manager prior to the start of the season. Darken lines each week before games.
• Social Media Content Creators (post team of the week, use your soccer knowledge to write captions and videos and photos; create images about SPFSC events in Canva)
• Website Content Writer (updates SPFSC website)
• Photographer (attends SPFSC events and take photos)
• Volunteer Buddy for TOPSoccer, a program that provides children and adults with intellectual, emotional and physical disabilities an opportunity to play soccer. A Buddy spends about 10 hours over the course of a season. Sessions are on a Sunday afternoon and a 2-hour virtual training course is required.
• Participate on the fundraising committee to support club fundraising activities.
High School Volunteer Opportunities include:
• Field Liner
• TOPSoccer Buddy
• Assist training staff on the field
• Deliver Pugg Goals
For more details on the high school opportunities listed above click here.
Sign up here to indicate your interest in volunteering. To learn more about any of the opportunities and ask questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I volunteer for the kids! I love watching kids develop and improve on tasks that they didn’t think were possible and seeing them realize there isn’t anything they can’t do with a little hard work.” J. Accardi, Junior Rec Coach
“SPFSC is more than a soccer club. It is a community of families that cheer each other on both on the field and off the field. I volunteer so I can give back to that community and keep it growing.” D. Wexler, Social Media Manager
“It is pure joy to watch a child leave their comfort zone to try something new and successfully execute something they practiced, or just be a kid and have fun. It is a wonderful way to give back and pay it forward for all the volunteers who preceded us.” H. Spieler, Junior Rec Coach